Welcome to Your PDA Instructor Tool-Kit
Thank you for joining us here. To help you move through the process, we have provided all the necessary links you need in one place.
This has been divided into two sections for you.
Section One – The Pet Guardian Resources – These are here for your information and ease of finding support tools for your clients.
Section Two – Your Instructor Resources – You will find access to your Guide, Assessment Markers, and your Test.
Section One: Pet Guardian Resources.
Your Pet Dog Ambassador Guide
Your Assessment Markers
Getting Started Guide
Step One: Click on your guide to open it; you can also download it as a PDF and save it to your computer. Alternatively, click here for the PDF.
Step Two: Review Chapter 4 of the Guadian Guide and the Assessment Markers. This is the content you will be tested on in your Guardian Quiz.
Step Three: Prepare your Health Check Form; you will need this when you are ready to take your assessment. You can download the form here.
Step Four: If you plan to apply for long-distance assessment, please click here to complete the request if you do not already have somebody in mind.
Step Five: If you are a special needs candidate and plan to request modifications to the skill assessment, you can complete the modification form found here.
Guardian Test – Step By Step Instructions
- To access your knowledge test, please use the test link to the right here.
- You will be asked for a password. The password is PDACandidate
- You will be asked for your first name, last name, and email address.
- When you begin your test, ensure you have everything you need, your guide and your assessment markers.
- This is an open-book test, so you have plenty of time to check your answer choice.
- When you complete your test, you can check any of your answers before you submit it
Section Two: Your Instructor Resources.
Your Instructor Guide
- As an instructor for the PDA program, you must know the Assessment Markers and the Pet Guardian Guide well.
- Please become familiar with the PDA Guardian Guide so you can help support Pet Guardians through the program.
- Please also review your Instructor Guide.
- You can teach the PDA levels either privately or in groups.
There is a full program curriculum for Levels 1-4 that can help you.
Taking Your Test
Here are some simple instructions to make your test experience more pleasant
- When you begin your test, ensure you have everything you need, your guide and your assessment markers. This is an open-book test, so you have plenty of time to check your answer choice.
- When you complete your test, you can check any of your answers before you submit it.
- The password for the quiz is PDAInstructor.
- Once you have completed the test, you will receive an email with your results.
- The test contains 40 questions, and the pass rate is 85%
- We will receive your test results at the same time as you.
- Your membership listing will be updated to an “Active Instructor” as soon as you pass the test.
- You will then be reflected in the Instructor directory at the front end of the website.
- Good Luck! Although we know you won’t need it.