Informed by Science, Guided by Empathy, Governed by Ethics” TM
Working Towards Professionalizing The Pet Industry By Encouraging Pet Dog Trainers and Behavior Consultants to Demonstrate Competency!
How To Get Started!
- Check over the eligibility criteria below.
- Choose the level that best fits your current experience and status
- Begin your application and pay your credentialing fee
- During the application, you will be asked to attest to the minimum criteria for the level you choose.
- Receive a confirmation email that contains all the necessary information you need to progress through your credential gatekeepers
- Begin your journey to a Pet Professional Accreditation Board credential.
Competency is Mission Critical!
The Accreditation Board offers the only Training Technician accreditation for professionals who believe there is no place for shock, choke, prong, pain, force, or fear in pet training and behavior practices.
The Board also offers the only psychometrically sound examination for Training & Behavior Consultants who also support humane and scientific practices.
The Accreditation Board sets a high standard. For each of the three credentialing levels, competency is assessed through
- Knowledge – an online examination
- Basic Training Skills – video submission
- Creating a Positive Conditioned Emotional Response – video submission
- Class Management/Private Consultations – video submission
- For the Behavior Consultant, we assess the ability to manage a behavior case through the submission of four written case study reports.
The Pet Professional Accreditation Board currently provides three levels of credentials.
Each level has application eligibility criteria, an online test that assesses academic knowledge, and a skill video requirements that demonstrate practical skills.
The “Study Guide” for each level clearly describes each of these in great detail. You can download the Study Guide for each level from the particular page relating to that credential.