Professional Canine Trainer Study Guide
Professional Canine Trainer
Welcome to the Pet Professional Accreditation Board’s (PPAB) Professional Canine Trainer – Accredited Study Guide. The PPAB program is independent of any industry trade school, college or credentialing body. You are not required to be members of the Pet Professional Guild, but you must meet and maintain all the eligibility criteria and ethics.
This Guide has been written to help you prepare for the PPAB Professional Canine Trainer – Accredited assessment. This will also serve as a syllabus to assist you working towards eligibility and to help you understand the breadth and depth of knowledge you will be expected to possess, fundamentals you should be familiar with, skills you need to be competent in and scenarios you must be able to address in order to successfully pass the Professional Canine Trainer assessment.
Your Road Map for PCT-A
Gatekeeper One – Apply for Assessment
- Complete the application form and pay the application fee.
Gatekeeper Two – Knowledge Base Assessment
- Receive the green light to undertake the Knowledge Base Assessment Exam.
- Undertake the Knowledge Base Assessment Exam at any time within 30 days of receiving the exam link.
Gatekeeper Three – Skill Assessment
- Receive confirmation that you passed your Knowledge Base Assessment Exam.
- Submit your skills and coaching videos, within 90 days of receipt of confirmation of your exam results.
- Receive an email confirming the success of your video assessment results and that you have now become a Professional Canine Trainer – Accredited.