Canine Training Technician
Professional Canine Trainer
Professional Canine Behavior Consultsant
NOCTI and Nocti Business Solutions have earned full accreditation from the International Certification Accreditation Council (ICAC). This recent accomplishment ensures that a neutral third party has properly evaluated both organizations and held them up to international standards. ICAC accreditation signifies that NOCTI’s career and technical education (CTE) assessments and certifications, as well as Nocti Business Solutions’ technical skill assessments, follow the best international industry practices and standards outlined in ISO 17024.
Working Towards Professionalizing The Pet Industry By Encouraging Pet Dog Trainers and Behavior Consultants to Demonstrate Competency!
The Accreditation Board offers the only Accredited Training Technician & Professional Canine Trainer certification for professionals who believe there is no place for shock, choke, prong, pain, force, or fear in pet training and behavior practices. The Board also offers the only psychometrically sound examination for Training & Behavior Consultants supporting these humane and scientific practices.
Click here to get started today.
Do You Already Carry a Well-Earned Credential?
Certifications recognize individuals for meeting specific criteria of skills and knowledge. They are a way for practitioners to seek self-promotion and differentiate themselves from their competitive set. Certifying organizations set standards of competency and their certification programs are designed to use these predetermined competencies as benchmarks for pass or failure performances. Consumers draw inferences from certifications that a professional has met a specific standard of competency and/or carries a particular body or depth of pertinent knowledge. Along with a number of other industries, however, including the pet industry, there is currently no legal requirement to be certified and no legal mechanism in place to protect the consumer from negative or injurious consequence that transpires as the result of an individual’s lack of certification.
Stand up for what you believe in!
- Join an organization that provides a credential with an ethical compass to support it
- Demonstrate your knowledge, skills, and people training expertise
- Show clients that you are serious about your profession
- Help mentor others and shape our industry by being a great professional ambassador
- Utilize the three levels of credentials to progress through the industry
- Transfer in another well-earned credential from previous years
How The Credentials Were Developed
- For each credentialing level, a team of subject matter experts developed a Job Task Analysis.
- From the Job Task Analysis experts determined the skills and knowledge that each level should have as a minimum competency across knowledge and skills.
- Examinations were then developed and reviewed with the help of NOCTI Business Solutions (PCT-A and PCBC-A)
- Examinations were then piloted to ensure the questions performed to the required level of competency and reliability.
- The examinations were then fine-tuned with the help of an Educational PhD, an expert in this subject matter.
- Skill competencies were established, and video assessments developed
- All skill videos are assessed against tangible and specific criteria. The personal opinion of an assessor does not determine pass or failure but whether the required criteria have been met.
- Case Study submissions are assessed against specific tangible and measurable criteria; again, they are not assessed and deemed pass or fail by an individual assessor.
- Case studies are reviewed independently by a team and then are collated by the assessment coordinator.
Checkout this resource below to help you – Pet Training and Behavior Consulting: A Model for Raising the Bar to Protect Professionals, Pets and Their People