HOW TO GET STARTED
Most people have found that the best way to get started with the Be a Tree program is to offer a few free programs in the community. If you have kids in school, you know a teacher or a principal or you have a friend with kids in school, this is an excellent place to start.
Groups that may host a program:
- Girl Scouts
- Private Schools
- Neighborhood Associations
- Breed and dog training clubs
- Daycare facilities
- After-school care facilities
- Local Toys R Us and Babies R Us (free – call to find out when the next Baby Days or community info day is)
- Local home school groups – search the web or ask your local community services office
- Local vets and pet supply stores
- Church groups
- Mother’s groups
- Animal shelters
- 4H Club
We have created a Letter to the Teacher and a Letter to the Principal that you may use to help introduce the program.
After you have done some free presentations and have got some word-of-mouth exposure, you may wish to earn some money doing presentations.
Charge a Fee:
If you have purchased the teacher kit you may use it as you choose. You may charge a fee for program sessions if you wish. You may only use the Be a Tree logo if you are a licensed presenter. If you are not a licensed presenter, you may advertise using generic terms such as “dog bite prevention”.
To become a licensed presenter, all you need to do is purchase the kit and sign the license agreement. There is no fee for this, but the terms of the license agreement will bind you.